Why take this course?
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Code DLLs and DLL applications using one or more of these LE-conforming compilers
- IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390, COBOL for OS/390 & VM
- z/OS C/C++, XL C/C++
- IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS, PL/I for MVS & VM, Visual Age PL/I for OS/390
- or Assembler language
- Use packages in PL/I programs, if PL/I is available.
- $ 697.00 (CAD) : Multi-seat - $ 497.00 (CAD)
Sorry, no classes are currently scheduled
This course helps experienced programmers create and invoke DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) from any of these four languages: Assembler, COBOL, PL/I, and C.
Experienced programmers who need to create or maintain applications that use DLLs.
The student entering this course should have a strong programming background in at least one of: COBOL, PL/I, C, or Assembler.
Major topics covered
- DLL concepts and vocabulary
- DLLs: creating and referencing DLL functions and variables in four languages
- DLL support services: dlopen, dlclose, dlsym, dlerror, dllload, dllqueryfn, dllqueryvar
- Enterprise PL/I: Packages